Work Education for Classes I – X
Work education helps the students to develop their practical working skills. This helps the students in the following ways:
- To select, procure, arrange, use of tools and materials for different forms of productive work.
- To observe and participate in the work practice.
- To enhance productive efficiency.
- To use their creative faculties for devising innovative methods and materials.
- To create a proper work ethics in students such as regularity, punctuality, honesty, dedication, discipline etc.
Activities of Work Education has been divided in to 4 sections :
1. Activities for Classes I – III :
2. Activities for Classes IV – VI :
- Good manners and etiquettes: Golden words, good posture, buttoning of shirts, setting of books and note books and videos related to good manners.
- Puppets with shapes (hand, stick etc)
- Grooming – maintaining discipline during transition periods, assembly time and during the function.
- Art and Craft Activities – photo frame, paper qulling card, wind chime, sheep with paper plate etc.
- Table Manners – Napkin folding, table layout, wall hangings, bead jewellery
- Smokeless cooking, fruit chat, bhelpuri, salads, kandeel.
3. Activities for Class V:
4. Activities for Class VI
- Quilling, pot decoration, puppets, Fevicol art.
5. Activities for Classes VII & VIII:
- Needle craft (button stitching, different types of stitching like hemming, straight stitch, running stitch etc.
6. Activities for Classes IX & X:
- Textile designing (basic tie and dye), foot mat with waste fabric, name plate, shagun envelopes etc.
- Fabric pouch, facts about fruits and vegetable (cutouts), sutli basket.
- Screen printing on fabric, paper stationery items, fabric folder with newspaper and cloth, corn leaves and flowers.
- Fabric torans, tie and dye (different folder patterns), fabric basket.