St. Albans School
Affiliated to CBSE upto X, Affiliation No:- 530151
Sector-15, Faridabad.(Haryana) Tel: 0129-4007500
Session 2016- 2017
Classes I X - 04.04.2016 (Monday) Timings : 7:25 a.m 1:45 p.m
Class Pre Nursery - 05.04.2016 (Tuesday)
Timings from 05.04.2016 to 15.04.2016:
9:00 a.m 11:00 a.m
Timings from 18.04.2016 onwards:
9:00 a.m 12:00 noon
Class Nursery - 04.04.2016 (Monday)
Timings from 04.04.2016 to 08.04.2016:
8:00 a.m 11:00 a.m
Timings from 11.04.2016 onwards:
8:00 a.m 1:00 p.m
Class K.G - 04.04.2016 (Monday)
Timings from 04.04.2016
8:00 a.m 1:00 p.m
REPORT OF GANIT WEEK CELEBRATION AT ST. ALBANS SCHOOL, SECTOR 15, FARIDABAD
Mathematics is an integral part of our daily life. It has its roots and applications in almost all major areas of science, technology, commerce, arts and history, and even in information technology. The fundamentals of mathematics help students develop thinking and problem solving skills, even beyond the classroom.
With this vision in mind, St. Albans School celebrated Ganit Week on the occasion of the birth anniversary of the great Indian Mathematician, Srinivasan Ramanujam, from 16th December to 22nd December 2015.
Various activities were conducted with an intent to sensitize students to the relevance of Maths in everyday life and to inculcate in them a sense of appreciation towards the subject.
The schedule of Ganit week Celebrations was as follows:
(for Classes Pre Nursery X)
Our beloved Gautam Sir went into Light on January 17, 2014. His passing away has left a huge vacuum in our hearts. Gautam Sirs wisdom and experience, as a teacher and a mentor not only to students but also for the teachers and parents and his vision of how children should be taught and how a school should be are the guiding light we choose to imbibe in our lives and in taking the school forward.
This year, the focus will be on the holistic nurturing and mentoring of our students. Our teachers spend a lot of quality time reviewing and revising teaching-learning processes and are committed to bringing out the best in all our students. We have streamlined a lot of our processes and procedures for optimum efficiency.
We feel that a sincere set of initiatives from you and your ward will lay a strong foundation for effective performance in each aspect of student life and will generate confidence in your ward.
Please discuss / interact with your ward keeping in mind, the following points :
- Discuss the result with your ward and motivate him / her to target for himself / herself to make the best use of time by revising the work done in all the subjects at school.
- He / she should make sure that his / her homework and classwork in all the subjects is complete and upto date.
- His / her work schedule should be discussed daily, without fail.
- Do not indulge your child by letting him / her use expensive gadgets, scooters, cars etc.
Please remember that a disciplined child at home will be a disciplined child at school.
Discipline is one of the most important values we strive to inculcate in all our students. We expect all our parents and students to honour and follow the school rules and policies.
Please note that the school does not tolerate indiscipline and takes strict disciplinary action against any student violating any school rule or policy, especially in the following scenarios:
- If a mobile/ any undesirable article like magazine, CD, slam book etc is found in his / her possession, while in the school.
- On breaking the decorum / discipline or code of conduct of the school.
- Damages school property.
- Uses abusive language with co-students or teachers
- Maintains improper hairstyle and does not wear proper uniform (low waist trousers are not allowed)
- If a student calls unwanted elements outside the school gate on any account.
- If he /she is found involved in physical / verbal / cyber bullying.
- Movement within the school without informing the concerned teacher.
Note : Kindly note that on account of enhanced safety and security measures, only family members are
allowed to enter the school premises and meet the concerned authorities.
Your co-operation in helping your ward will encourage us to do better. A strong link between the home and school always works wonders. Let us commit to this partnership open heartedly.